Monday, April 4, 2011

Where do I start?

Its Monday, How was was your weekend?  Did u go visiting--If not, I'll remind u next weekend.  By now you know whom (surname) your going 2 research so its time 2 go hunting.  Today, I want to talk about your particular surname u r hunting.  Whether it be on your mother's/father's side.  First step in hunting is 2 get 2 know something about him/her.  Did u get the birth/death date?  Did u find out where he lived?  Lets explore this a little more....Lets say u know nothing about her.   We r going to use my names as examples.  Katherine Vanalstye Mykel.  If u have access to Ancestry.com.  That would be my first place.  If u dont, try a free online search in google such as Katherine Vanalstyne Mykel/genealogy.  Try to find free search engines for your name.  Tomorrow will talk about what u found.  Have a great Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment